Longevity is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
I have always enjoyed a good detox. In my opinion, the after-effects of a good detox always outweighed the suffering of going through it. If you do a raw food detox, your hunger pains can drive you crazy. And those less committed to the detox process will always knuckle under at that point. A juice detox is for the much more committed. And the hardcore detoxers will do something like the Master Cleanse. I could only do that for three days max before I get too light-headed.
Out of all the detox protocols, I get an immediate reaction from enemas. I would usually do enemas to get over an illness. One time I ate some bad chicken and I was sick for three days. After I thought I was over it and tried to get out the bed, I would fall right back on the bed from sheer exhaustion. I knew the last bit of the bad chicken was still in my intestines so I took a garlic and goldenseal enema. Garlic and goldenseal are both known as natural antibiotics and that did the trick. Within the hour I was up and running again.
There are many different types of enemas you can take, depending if you want a cleansing enema or a retention enema.
Cleansing enemas are:
- Apple Cider Vinegar - Helps with viral conditions and to clear mucus from the body. Great if you suffer from nasal congestion or asthma. (2-3 tbsp. diluted in water.)
- Burdock Root - Helps to eliminate calcium deposits and purify the blood.
- Catnip Tea - Relieves constipation and congestion and will bring down a high fever.
- Lemon Juice - Just what you need to clean the colon of fecal matter, balance its pH, and detoxify the system.
Retention enemas are:
- Coffee - A coffee solution (we mean a good organic breakfast blend, not decaf or instant) stimulates both the liver and the gallbladder to release toxins. (15 minutes only; please consult with your doctor if you have hypertension.)
- Minerals - This is one you will want to retain permanently. It helps rebuild the energy of the adrenals and the thyroid.
- Probiotic - Perfect for candidiasis and other yeast infections.
- Red Raspberry Leaf - High in iron, great for the eyes, and particularly helpful for women.
I personally love the coffee enemas. I live for the release! After holding in the coffee enema for 15 minutes, I get almost a high from the release. Please don't think I'm weird but when I read about people getting a high feeling from coffee enemas, I had to find out. I can testify that the feeling is great.
I did my first coffee enema because I was feeling so tired all the time. I researched the benefits of coffee enemas so I decided to give it a try since my herbal teas were getting me nowhere. After the first coffee enema, I was hooked. I instantly felt myself wake-up. My body felt nimble and loose. I felt like I was walking on a cloud after releasing all that waste. My back pain went away and my thoughts were clear. I did a coffee enema for that whole week every morning. Every day may seem like a lot, but after years of not efficiently doing any type of colon cleanse I felt even better after each enema.
Coffee enemas are now a part of my self-care practices. There are days that I miss taking them just to give my body a rest but I feel the difference when I do. If anyone ever asks me how can I get that boost of energy in the morning, I would tell them it only takes 30 minutes to take a coffee enema.
Enemas have many other benefits than just energy. Here is a list to give you an idea of what enemas can help you with.
- Candida yeast infections
- Loss of concentration
- Sinus congestion
- Skin conditions
- Unpleasant breath
- Weight issues
I took my coffee enema just before writing this blog and I know that is what finally gave me the focus and motivation to share my experience. Please give coffee enemas a try and tell me your experience with it!