Longevity is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
Everyone needs to relax, but not all of us are so good at it. There are many relaxation techniques that we can use, but sometimes it's hard to pick out which one to try. How will you know what you like and what works for you? While you can go about trying all of them and seeing what happens, here is the best relaxation technique for your zodiac sign and why.
- Aries: You like to move and be challenged. Yoga is perfect for you because it keeps you active, and it provides you with a nice challenge to master those difficult yoga moves. There is always more to learn in yoga, another move to do perfectly, so you'll always have a challenge and you'll have some fun while relaxing, too.
- Taurus: As you live life through your senses, autogenic relaxation is the perfect technique for you. Autogenic relaxation means to use your mind and your body to relax. You visualize something calming in your mind, and also consciously work to calm down your body such as slowing your heart rate or taking relaxed breaths.
- Gemini: Your mind is always moving, and you need somewhere to express it. Give journalling a try! You'll be able to express yourself and maybe work out some internal debates with yourself while doing so. For those not interested, try going to talk therapy. A lot of times, we can't relax because we have too much on our minds. Let it all out.
- Cancer: You are a person who likes to feel like you're at home. Aromatherapy will be great for you because you can choose certain smells that remind you of home or remind you of certain comforts. Surrounding yourself with these smells will immediately calm you down and help bring you to a more peaceful state of mind.
- Leo: We all know you like to be pampered. Try getting a massage. Not only will you get the relaxation you need, but you'll also feel like royalty while doing so.
- Virgo: Biofeedback is a relaxation technique where you use your brain to gain control of some of your bodily functions and learn how to relax yourself physically. It also helps in relieving pain, headaches, and more. You love to learn and like a challenge, so this would be a great relaxing activity for you.
- Libra: Visualization is the process of imagining yourself somewhere else, perhaps somewhere more peaceful, in order to relax yourself and bring yourself back down to Earth. Use the power in your mind to imagine something or somewhere beautiful, where you can overindulge yourself like you love to do.
- Scorpio: Progressive Muscle Relaxation means to start at the top of your head, and individually tense and then relax each muscle in your body until you get to your toes. It's easy, and your mind is powerful enough to easily separate your muscles and really relax each one on its own.
- Sagittarius: The relaxation technique recommended for you is music and art therapy. You like to be creative and express yourself, and you'll have a great time doing it! Try playing an instrument, singing, listening to music, or doing something artistic to get out the negative energy and surround yourself with positivity.
- Capricorn: Sometimes you have a hard time just sitting down and taking a breath. Take some time out of your day and use deep breathing to take a step back from stressful situations and compose yourself.
- Aquarius: You're an out of the box thinker, so you'll love something challenging like Tai Chi. It is a physical exercise that is more like an art form, where you do different guided movements to relax your body and your mind.
- Pisces: You're the dreamer, so you'll excel at meditation. You already spend half of your life daydreaming, so take some time to clear your mind and meditate.