Longevity is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
Scroll down for the video!
Hey, human, kings, and queens! You guys have told me about specific areas you want to target, and that you're enjoying the workout videos! I aim to please. If you missed my ab circuit and my explanations about spot reduction, you can revisit that post here. Now, here's a lower body routine I put together based on comments I've received. I've designed this routine to target those muscles in your stubborn midsection area. This routine is high intensity and low impact. Meaning there is no jumping movements, but the movements will have your heart-rate up and you will struggle to finish the reps/seconds. Power through it and burn the fat! This routine is based on core strength and leg work using pilates-style moves and body weight. This routine will also be great for those of you that have a bad back, bad or weak knees, hips, and/or ankles!
Kill your problem area, let's get moving!
High-Intensity, Low Impact, Fat-Burning Lower Body Workout At-Home
As always, I have written out a breakdown of every movement for you, below! This routine has a combined total of nine different exercises and we are going to be doing each movement three times through with thirty second intervals of rest in between each round. The entire workout should take between 20-30 minutes depending on the amount of time you need for each movement. It isn't a race and you will not get better results if you go faster. Take your time with each circuit and take longer rests if they are needed. The point is to keep the intensity high, your heart rate up, and your body as active as possible. You want to aim for as few periods of resting or moments of doing nothing as possible, that's why we take short breaks to level your heart rate, and then we get right back into the workout. You'll notice that I not only checked my time, but I made sure with every move to check my form as well. This is so important as some of these moves can put pressure on the lower back and knees if not done properly. Make sure you are paying attention to your form every single time!
- Side Planks With Pulse - 20 reps (pulses) each side, 30 seconds rest, 3x. Keep your core tight and your body aligned, leaning too far forward or backward could cause you pain.
- Plank Leg Lifts - 20 reps each leg, 30 seconds rest, 3x. Use a ball, step/stool, or just simply plank on the floor. To make it a bit harder and engage your core more, go for the forearm plank I demonstrated.
- Scissor Kicks - 30 seconds on, 30 seconds rest, 3x.
- Rotating In and Out's - 30 seconds on, 30 seconds rest, 3x. Use your palms on the floor to help rotate you slightly to bring up the intensity
- Reverse Crunches - 20 reps, 30 seconds rest. Use a stable, sturdy surface to support you. Keep core tight. Use a softer surface than I did or you risk hurting your back. I don't even want to talk about my awful tan lines, okay.
- Bulgarian Split Squats - 20 reps each leg, 30 seconds rest, 3x. Keep your back straight and never ever let your knee go over your supporting foot!
- Tap Squats - 20 reps, 30 seconds rest, 3x. Feet a little more than shoulder-width apart. Tap your butt lightly on the edge of your chair or every repetition.
- Reverse Sit Squat - 20 reps, 30 seconds rest, 3x. Start in seated position, with back straight, and feet a little more than shoulder-width apart. Come up to a standing squat position, and then back down to straight seated position.
- Reverse Lunge with Leg Lift - 20 reps each leg, 30 seconds rest, 3x. Make sure your knees don't go over your toes, and use a wall or chair for support if needed.
Whew! I felt this exactly in my midsection/problem area and I was proud! Even though some of the movements were brutal, I felt awesome after! You can do it!
Noah Cyrus - "Again" ft. XXXTENTACION
Dua Lipa - "IDGAF"
Become a part of the Accountability Group for more information and ideas: here.
Follow me on Instagram for more content: here.
Be healthy, be happy, be human!