Longevity is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
Here are the benefits of Yoga and how it can affect you positively (physically and mentally).
It helps relieve stress & anxiety
Yoga is the top exercise that helps you look after your mind and body. Especially if you suffer from anxiety, stress or depression, I would 100% suggest you try Dhyanna (meditation or positive, mindful focus on the present) and Pranayama (mindfulness of breathing) yoga. Practicing yoga can help you cultivate mindfulness, develop greater awareness, and improve your ability to focus on what is at hand. It helps lessen symptoms of depression, reducing fatigue, relieving anxiety, and reducing or acting as a buffer against stress.
It builds confidence
The breathing strategies that you will learn in yoga allows oxygen to flow to your muscles, and that oxygen will give you energy. If you suffer from low self-esteem because you are carrying a few extra pounds or lack tone, yoga will remedy this problem and improve your self-confidence.
It helps you build a good posture
When practising yoga, you're straightening your back, stretching out your muscles, improving your hormonal and physical balance, and building a good posture for the spine and the core. If you're looking to improve your posture, I would recommend practising baby cobra, locust and boat position, as these can strengthen core muscles and will improve your posture over time.
It builds strength and endurance
Yoga isn't a sport, but it's a way of exercise to look after your mind, body and soul. You can do it anywhere, outdoors or indoors, and all you need is space and a yoga mat.
Here are a good few yoga exercises you can try (fast-paced and intense or gentle and relaxing):
Hatha: The form most often associated with yoga, it combines a series of basic movements with breathing.
Vinyasa: A series of poses that flow smoothly into one another.
Power: A faster, higher-intensity practice that builds muscle.
Ashtanga: A series of poses, combined with a special breathing technique.
Bikram: Also known as "hot yoga," it's a series of 26 challenging poses performed in a room heated to a high temperature.
Iyengar: A type of yoga that uses props like blocks, straps, and chairs to help you move your body into the proper alignment.
The Benefits of Yoga for Men:
- Enhances their athletic performance through improved flexibility, internal awareness, better respiratory capacity, better circulation and motion efficiency, and greater energy.
- Prevents injury and speed up recovery through the healing of inflamed muscles, tissue, joints, and fascia, as well as the restoring of connective tissue and increased body awareness, leading to more caution and less injury.
- Boosts their sex life, by enhancing desire, sexual satisfaction, performance, confidence, partner synchronization, control, and even better orgasms!
- Optimizes their muscle tone via increased delivery of oxygen to the muscles.
- Lowers their stress level through movement.
- Increases their mental agility through the sharpening of the mind and improved cognitive function that comes with the meditative exercise of yoga.
The Benefits of Yoga for Women:
- Helps you to deal with hormonal changes during your cycle and during menopause.
- Soothes worry and anxiety caused by a health crisis or serious diagnosis.
- Lessens stress and reduces the severity and frequency of anxiety and depression symptoms.
- Improves your posture.
- Improves your appearance through standing taller, feeling more confident, and more effective weight management
Benefits of Yoga Overall:
- Increases balance
- Improves baroreflex sensitivity
- Reduces fatigue
- Enhances flexibility
- Maintains healthy heart rate
- Relieves pain
- Relieves or inhibits psychotic symptoms
- Improves quality of life
- Reduces sleep disturbances
- Improves social and occupational functioning
- Increases strength
- Lowers obesity
- Reduces stress