Longevity is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
Eyes are the most attractive part of your body. They should be white and bright. But what happens when they starts to turn yellow or you have natural yellow eyes? Such a condition is unhealthy for your looks. When such condition arises, a person should look upon every available way on how to get rid of yellow eyes. Here in this article we will be talking about the conditions and consequences of yellow eyes, along with perfect remedies and solutions.
What do yellow eyes mean?
It is a condition where whiter part of our eyes which is also known as sclera begins to lose its white color and gradually develop the color yellow. This is not very much noticeable at times but when you look at close or significantly you will observe some difference: a dull rusty-yellow shade.
What causes yellow eyes?
Yellow eyes symptoms can be common but causes of yellow eyes in adults are not so common. There can be several of causes which are briefly mentioned here.
- Hyperbilirubinemia and Jaundice/Liver Disease
- A side effect of excessive medicine
- Yellow fever
- Alcohol intake
- Autoimmune disorders
- Rare genetic metabolic defects
- Reabsorption of a large hematoma
- Hemolytic anemias
- Viruses including hepatitis A, hepatitis B and C
- Stones in Gall Bladder
- Cancer in gall bladder
- Inflammation of Gall Bladder
- Tumor in Pancreas
- Sickle Cell Disease
What are the reasons for baby yellow eyes?
In a baby, bilirubin develops faster than liver can break it down. Thus bilirubin starts developing in the blood resulting in yellow pigmentation which causes newborn yellow eyes.
What are the reasons for yellow eyes in adults?
Jaunice is normally rare in adults but there are some reasons why adults get yellow eyes.
- Liver disease due to alcohol
- Blocking of bile ducts
- Pancreatic cancer
- Due to certain medicines
Why do black people have yellow eyes?
Black people can have natural yellow eyes or yellow eye disease. Whatsoever, the most common reasons why do black people have yellow eyes are:
- Subconjunctival fat deposit
- Presence of melanin in concentrated amount
- Muddy sclera
What are yellow eyes symptoms and causes?
- Yellow shade in the skin and the whites of eyes
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Stool of pale color
- Loss of weight
- Abdominal pain
- Fluid accumulation in stomach and its swelling
Incredible Home Remedies to Treat Jaundice
1. How to Get Rid of Jaundice with Food?
Jaundice could be treated with the right amount of food supplements, keeping in mind what foods to take and what to not. One of the right answers to "how to get rid of yellow eyes" is food.
Best Foods To Eat
- Water: Drink upto eight glasses of water in a day to flush out toxins from the body.
- Coffee or herbal tea: moderate consumption of coffee and tea is good for liver as these contains healthy anti-oxidants.
- Milk Thistle: Milk thistle is high in antioxidants as well as rich in other values.
- Fruits and vegetables:Fruits which are good for liver health are grapefruit, avocado, grapes and mustard green.
- Fiber: Fiber helps to remove excessive bile from the liver. Fiber rich foods are berries, almonds, oatmeal and brown rice.
- Alcohol should be avoided completely
- Avoid saturated fats those that are contained in meat as it is hard for liver to process
- Refined sugar can be harmful for your liver
- Do not take canned or processed food as it contains high level of sodium which is again harmful for the body and liver.
2. Herbal Treatment for Yellow Eyes
How to Use Milk Thistle Cure the Symptoms of Jaundice
- Add milk thistle to your salad
- Use roasted seeds as midday meal
- Make a tea with it
Benefits of Using Milk Thistle
- Herb milk thistle is high in antioxidants
- It contains silymarin which helps to repair the damaged cells of liver
Side Effects of Milk Thistle
Although milk thistle have negotiable side effects, but you should use it with care and consult a doctor if you are:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Having cancer, which is hormone specific
- Taking some particular medications
Some other useful herbs to treat jaundice:
- Aloe vera(Gritakumari)
3. Best Essential Oils to Cure Jaundice
How to Use Chamomile to Treat Symptoms of Jaundice
- You can use chamomile oil by directly applying it on skin or inhaling by rubbing it on your palms.
What are the Benefits of using Chamomile?
- Chamomile contains antioxidants and healing properties. It treats symptoms of nausea, vomiting and bad skin which in turn are the symptoms of jaundice or yellow eyes.
Side Effects of Chamomile
- Chamomile is normally safe for normal skins but sometimes it may cause itching or redness on the upper layer which is epidermis.
Now you know, pretty much, about the cause of yellow eyes, and what is required for the treatment of yellow eyes and its related symptoms. You can take help from the methods provided in the article, but it is advisable to consult a doctor for once and follow the prescription. Now you know how to get rid of yellow eyes.
Even a slight change in the color of your eyes can be a call for a serious problem. Try to keep your sclera white as it is a sign of good healthy body. Take care and keep yourself away from the complications and causes of yellow eyes.