Longevity is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
- Believe it or not, you will miss high school. It may have caused you a lot of heartache, grief and stress then, but the memories you will cherish forever.
- Stay in school, nothing is needed more in terms of a career than a knowledge-filled brain. This goes for even college. Once you give up, the doors of opportunity start to close and lock you out.
- Taking time for yourself every now and then is a good thing. Even if it is just waking up a bit later and showering in the morning instead of the night so you feel more refreshed, do it.
- Eat as often as you can. A full-grown adult needs around 2,000 calories each day. Often your negativity and poor attitude is a cause of the lack of nutrients you ingest.
- It is okay to not be okay. Whether you are sick, or crying, it is okay I swear. I know that you had a point in time not too long ago where you swore you could not make it out, but here you are still. Alive and breathing before this list.
- Moving on is sometimes a very well-needed thing. Sometimes it is true, it really does cause more stress to stay than to hang on.
- Don't believe everything that everyone says. Some things in life you will just have to find out for yourself. That is all about the journey; you have a whole life to create yourself, not follow what everyone else has told you.
- Your only setback in life is yourself. You are the one who is finding excuses, or believing others that what you need to do is not right.
- Be around people who make you want to be great and do great things. Positive lifestyle and positive surroundings are beneficial for greatness.
- You can forgive, but please do not ever forget. Just remember, if they did it once, they may possibly do it again.
- Chances are, your first love may not be your life-long partner. Although grandma and grandpa may have never found anyone else to love but each other, sometimes life is not always as lucky as that.
- Say sorry when you know you are wrong. We can all make mistakes, but it is the apologizing that you do is what makes you the mature person you should be.
- If it makes you happy, it does not matter what others say. Unless it is illegal. Them of course, avoid the possible charges and the possible jail time that is associated with it.
- If it does not feel right, do not do it. Your instincts are always something to never ignore. Always remember that “gut feeling” statement.
- Treat yourself with a gift every now and then, you deserve it! Nothing is more important than reassuring yourself of your greatness. Gifting buying for yourself can make any day a bit better.
- Family is NOT overrated. Do not take them for granted. After all, they're the reason you are here and are alive. So, take the time to call them, see how they’re doing, see if they can spend time with you.
- Do not be afraid to ask for help if you need it. Sometimes, even though you may be the most independent person you know, there is always going to be something you can not handle on your own.
- Respect yourself. If you do not, then who else will?
- Don't take everything so personally, you never know what that rude person is going through.